Recipe: Grain-Free + Dairy-Free Paleo Best Banana Bread
Our simple, clean, easy take on a classic favorite - banana bread!
3 large organic bananas, mashed, very ripe
3 organic, cage-free eggs, large
3 tbsp non-dairy milk (we used oat milk, but you can use almond, coconut, cashew or another favorite)
1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin, organic olive oil (you can also use avocado oil or melted coconut oil)
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups cassava flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 cup raw, organic walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix together the cassava flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together first.
3. Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine mashed bananas, oil, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract. Once that is combined, whisk in the eggs.
4. Combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. If you are using walnuts, stir them in to the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a 9x5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Sprinkle more walnuts on top (optional).
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Depending on how quickly your oven bakes, check the bread at 35 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf to see if it comes out clean. If not, bake for 5-10 minutes more. Note: If the top of the loaf is browning at this point, cover with a sheet of foil while you continue to bake until done.
7. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
We love this banana bread served warm with a generous slather of ghee or butter, but you can get creative with other toppings if you're staying away from dairy. The bread will keep for a week wrapped in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a month (if it lasts that long!).