Sat, Feb 12|
Springhill Suites Auburn
Building a Better Brain
Join us for an 8-hour comprehensive seminar focused on brain health & prevention. Gain a deeper understanding of neurotransmitters in the brain, signs of dysfunction & triggers that could be harmful. Special attention will be given to Alzheimer's, Dementia and Parkinson’s. (8CEs for DC in CA & NV)
Time & Location
Feb 12, 2022, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM PST
Springhill Suites Auburn, 13535 Bowman Rd, Auburn, CA 95603, USA
About the Event
*UPDATED Download Seminar Flyer
SpringHill Suites Auburn Special Group Rate: $159-$169/per night
Last Day to Book: Sun., Feb. 6, 2022
Join us in Auburn, CA at Springhill Suites Auburn on Saturday, Feb. 12 for BUILDING A BETTER BRAIN with Jean K. Lawrence, CCN, MH, CFMP, ND, NMD, PhD, DACBN.
- Registration and Breakfast start at 7:45AM
- Lunch is also provided
- Free product giveaways and other take-home gifts
- Special room rate for overnight guests
- Licensed Professional: $165*
- *$30 CE Processing for DC in CA & NV
- General Public/Staff: $99
Americans fear brain degeneration more than any other health concern. This seminar will delve into ways you can remove triggers that can be harming your brain and your loved ones' as well, and ideas about protecting our most precious, yet fragile, brain.
- Gain a deeper understanding of neurotransmitters in the brain and signs of dysfunction.
- Uncover specific issues including focusing in adults and children, blood sugar dysregulation and brain function, digestion and brain function, increased circulation and mood concerns.
- Special attention will be given to causes of neuroinflammation, hormonal and chemical influences on brain function, lowering stress on the brain.
- Learn more about blood sugar dysregulation and the brain; how to improve circulation to the brain; correlations with Diabetes, insulin resistance, IDE and brain function.
- Dive into digestion and brain function; antacids and poor mineral absorption; antacids and ammonia production and brain dysfunction; leaky gut/leaky brain (Brain-Gut Axis); depression and low serotonin; methylation and depression and anxiety.
- Special attention given to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s; the role of toxins in the diagnosis of AD and PD; underlying infections and these diseases; genetic testing for APOE gene; neuroinflammation and causes.
- Review hormonal influence on brain function; low estrogen and memory; low testosterone/progesterone/DHEA and brain issues; and high cortisol brain stress.
- Understand post-concussion challenges; lowering stress on the brain; traumatic brain injury; recovery from brain trauma; PTSD.
- Get inspired to implement specific diet and nutrition support to "Build a Better Brain".
About the Speaker: Dr. Jean K. Lawrence is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist, a Master Herbalist, a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, a Doctor of Naturopathy, a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, has her PhD in Natural Medicine, and is a Diplomate of the American Clinical Board of Nutrition. So what does all that add up to? Dr. Jean is a "health detective" and loves to unravel complicated health cases - and also can explain them in terms that anyone can understand - and it makes sense! There are too many of our patients relying on "Dr. Google" to answer their health questions. Dr. Jean is a nationally recognized speaker and her passion is educating other practitioners so they will be able to take a functional medicine approach in their practices. She loves to laugh and knows that when people laugh, they relax and learn even better! Come be a part of the learning experience and actually enjoy the whole process!
CE Information: 8 CEs are available for DCs in CA & NV only (official CEs for LAc NOT AVAILABLE for this seminar date). All other licensed practitioners and participants will receive an 8-hour certificate of completion certificate for CE self-submission FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
- Eight (8) continuing education credits have been submitted for approval through Northeast College of Health Sciences (formally New York Chiropractic College) for DC License Renewal in CA & NV.
- While applications relating to credit hours for license renewal in selected states have been executed for these programs, it remains the attendees' responsibility to contact the state board(s) from whom they seek continuing education credits for purposes of ensuring said board(s) approve both venue and content as they relate to any seminar/course/lecture/webinar/online presentation (event). Neither a speaker's or exhibitor's presence at said event, nor product mention or display, shall in any way constitute NYCC endorsement. NYCC's role is strictly limited to processing, submitting, and archiving program documents on behalf of course sponsors.
Cancellations up to 2 weeks prior to event will qualify for a refund.
DC: CA & NV (8 CEs)
***includes $30 (8 CEs) processing fee for DCs in CA & NV only$195.00
Health Professional NO CEs
***NOTE - if you are a licensed Healthcare Professional and/or DO NOT NEED DC CEs in CA or NV, you will receive an 8-hour participation certificate for self-submission FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.$165.00
NOTE: licensed healthcare professionals (HCPs) cannot register as general public$99.00